Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Leadership, the Arts, and Art Cars

This entry  work, leadership, and a clever link. 

I had a particularly inspiring meeting today with our contracted photographer for the organization's annual calendar. Seeing his brilliant and beautiful perspectives on our creative product reminded me why it is that I entered the field. (http://www.amrosario.com/)

During our conversation, I became excited about potential opportunities to expand my marketing work at the institution to include continued work with creative partnerships, photography, and gallery curation.

Serendipitously, my boss stopped in as I was in mid-brainstorm with ideas of her own for my redefined role at the institution, and many of our thoughts were astonishingly well-aligned. 

It's a good feeling to work beneath someone who has both vision and diplomatic tact. We'll see what the coming months bring. 

I'm reading two things right now*, both of which have touched in their initial pages on leadership, a subject that I'm increasingly interested in after seeing much leadership turnover in my division in recent months.

Specifically, both of these sources discuss the differences between executive and legislative leadership styles. I hope to write more about my take on these distinctions soon, but for now, I'll leave you with this quirky art blog. Enjoy!

*Reading #1 is A Survival Guide for Project Managers by James Taylor
*Reading #2 is Good to Great and the Social Sector: A Monograph to Accompany Good to Great by Jim Collins

No comments: